Ways to Avoid Costly Foundation Repairs
If someone asked you what the most important aspect of your home was, everyone (hopefully) would state without hesitation that it is the foundation. When buying or selling your home this will be a huge factor in closing the deal.
We’ve talked about the warning signs to look for in potential foundation issues, but now we want to review the importance of preserving a solid foundation as well as its connection to the value of your home.
If you’ve come across any of the warning signs in your home, don’t waste any time and use our easy online scheduling tool to get in touch ASAP.
If you’re not familiar with foundations, take a look at this broad explanation for the most common types. Foundation type will vary based on region as well as climate.
The expansive clays found in most soil across North Texas can really take a toll on your foundation, constantly altering the position of your foundation which can spell out trouble for your home.
For many reasons, foundation repairs can add up to an outrageous amount, and small issues with the foundation are enough to scare away potential buyers, lending a hand to the idea that foundation does indeed affect your home’s value.
Maintaining a Strong Foundation
Your home can be your biggest investment, but it doesn’t have to be your biggest headache. Luckily there are a few things you can do to maintain a strong foundation:
- Take a walk around your house and check for any small cracks (they’re easier to deal with when they’re smaller), mildew, or wood rot.
- Retain consistent moisture level around your foundation by applying for a water control program with a lawn sprinkler or water hose to prevent the soil from expanding or shrinking too often.
- On the other hand, too much water can also be problematic. Install a solid drainage system to direct water away from your foundation.
- Consult your landscaper about trees root size and moisture need. While trees are beautiful and can add to the aesthetic appeal of your property, they are constantly draining water from the soil. Ensure that any tree is at least 15’-30’ away from your house.
- Yearly plumbing inspections can save you a lot of trouble as one of the biggest causes of foundation damage comes from plumbing leaks.
These are just a few hands-on tips that you can implement to preserve a functioning foundation.
We Can Help!
If you come across any issues or you’re looking to buy a home, a professional foundation inspection will be necessary.
In Texas, inspectors are required to give their opinion about the foundation, but at Elite Inspection Group we go the extra mile and give you factual data that you can use to help you with your huge purchasing decision or for necessary upkeep to your current home.
At EIG we go farther than the typical visual inspection and utilize the latest technology, the Zip Level Pro-2000, the same equipment used by Professional Engineers to determine the true levelness of your foundation.
You can use our simple, quick quote tool to get an idea of what you’re in store for.
If you have any concern at all, don’t hesitate to contact us today and we’ll be performing your inspection in 48 hours or less!
TAGGED : Foundation Repairs, Ways to Avoid Costly Foundation Repairs